Please Read This Information Carefully Before Submitting Your Online Entry
You can enter The Macquarie Big Swim and or The URM Little Big Swim online through the oceanswims.com online entry facility. Online entries close at 3pm on Saturday 30th January 2021 the day prior to race day.
Up to 200 late entries will be accepted on the day at $70 for The Macquarie Big Swim and $60 for The URM Little Big Swim. Both cash and credit card will be accepted.
You must enter The Macquarie Big Swim and/or The URM Little Big Swim before race day.
Saturday, January 30, 2021 - The Day Before
This year there will be no entries taken at Whale Beach on the day before the race.
Online entries will be open until 3pm on Saturday, January 30, 2021. We regret that refunds of the entry fee are not possible, however entries paid and accepted for the 2021 The Macquarie Big Swim and The URM Little Big Swim will be carried over to the 2020 events only.
Whale Beach SLSC thanks you for your understanding and support of this fund-raising event.
By clicking the link to online entry below, you signify your consent to the waiver and your acceptance of the Official Rules above. If you have not already read this waiver, please do so now before clicking through to online entry.
For checking the status of accepted entries go here - Progress List On-Line Entries.
If you can't find your name on the Progress Entries page, please click here to email oceanswims.com for entry inquiries.
The Entrant/Parent/Guardian of the Entrant named overleaf in consideration of the acceptance by Whale Beach SLSC Inc ("the Club") of my entry in the 2021 The Macquarie Big Swim, Palm Beach to Whale Beach Ocean Race and / or The URM Little Big Swim and / or Dash for Cash ("The Macquarie Big Swim and Associated events") consent and agree:
- To accept full responsibility to inform myself/ourselves and assess all the dangers hazards and risks of entry in The Macquarie Big Swim and Associated events and rely/relies solely on my/our own assessment of these dangers, hazards and risks before participating in The Macquarie Big Swim and Associated events and notwithstanding any decision thereon made by the Club and other persons corporations and bodies involved engaged in promoting or staging The Macquarie Big Swim and Associated events ("the Organisers").
- To receive such medical or other treatment which may be deemed to be advisable by the Club, its medical and first aid assistants, beach or water safety patrol personnel in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during The Macquarie Big Swim and Associated events.
- To permit free use by the Club and the Organisers of my/our name and photograph in any broadcast, telecast or other media as may pertain to The Macquarie Big Swim and Associated events.
- To have sole responsibility for my/their/our personal possessions and equipment during The Macquarie Big Swim and Associated events.
- That in the event of cancellation of The Macquarie Big Swim and Associated events my/their entry fee shall not be refundable by the Club and the 2021 The Macquarie Big Swim and Associated events will not be re–run.
- Should either swim be cancelled prior to it's advertised start time then all entries will be valid for the swim in the following year (only the following year). Note: should either event commence and then be cancelled - no refund or carry-over.
- That as a person to whom recreational services are supplied by the organisers, it is a term of my entry that I engage in the recreational activity of The Macquarie Big Swim and Associated events at my own risk.
- That the terms and conditions contained in this entry form shall be construed broadly to provide a release indemnity and waiver to the Organisers of any liability for loss injury or other damage to personal property to the maximum extent permitted by law and shall be construed according to the law of New South Wales.
Ruling On Hi-Tech Swimsuits In All Divisions / Waves Except The Fins n Skins Division
To be eligible for prizes, competitors must wear swimwear which conforms to FINA pool suit rules. For men this means swim suits shall not extend above the navel or below the knee for women - swim suits shall not cover the neck or extend past the shoulders or below the knee
Competitors who wish to compete in wetsuits, open water suits, buoyancy suits or other non-conforming suits may enter the fins and skins division
Competitors who do not wear conforming swimwear in any division other than the Fins and Skins division will be subject to disqualification
The exception to this item are entrants in the Fins n Skins wave/division. Entrants in the Fins n Skins wave are permitted to swim The Macquarie Big Swim course utilising aids such as flippers and wetsuits. Aids other than flippers and wetsuits are to be allowed at the exclusive discretion of the Race Director or his delegated representative.
Risk Warning (Section 5M Civil Liability Act 2002)
Warning is given to all Entrants in The Macquarie Big Swim and Associated events that there is the risk of harm to their person and/or property arising from any inadequacy of physical condition or stamina to complete the swim, hazardous sea and beach conditions including sea currents and waves and the presence of sea craft and sea creatures and other hazards.
You Can Enter Online Below At Oceanswims.com
With around 2000 entrants expected, with names, age groups etc to be processed before timing bands can be allocated, it is not practical to accept new entries on the day. Many have missed out in the past.
On-line entry closing time: 3pm, Saturday, January 30, 2021. Quickest and easiest entry is online through the oceanswims.com online entry facility.
Click on this link to enter. oceanswims.com accepts Visa and Mastercard only. Attempts to enter using any other card will not succeed.